Citizen Public Service Request
SeeClickFix Inc., is a place-based reporting platform which allows residents to document neighborhood concerns and improvements alike, from potholes, illegal dumping, flooding and damaged sidewalks. There is an App available at no cost through the iTunes (iPhone/iPad) and Google Play (Android) app store.
Continue to Citizen Request
The City has begun adopting electronic permitting, currently permits are available for many City departments, see full list.
Credit Card Fees
You can always choose to apply online, then pay in person during the department’s Office Hours. To pay online with a credit card, a surcharge of 2.99% plus $0.99 will be added to your permit fee.
Continue to Online Permitting Central
Public Records Request
On January 1, 2017, a new Public Record law went into effect changing the way in which municipalities process public records requests. For more information on the law change visit the Commonwealth of Massachusetts website.
Continue to NextRequest, Gloucester’s Online Record Request Portal.
Bills, Payments & Financial Queries
- Motor Vehicle Excise, Boat Excise, and Parking Tickets
- Real Estate, Personal Property Bills, and new Utility Bills
- City Clerk's Vital Records Request Center
The Munis Citizen Self Service Portal (launched June 2018) will allow payments and research of Real Estate, Personal Property, and Utility Bills. Payments can be made via eCheck (No Fee), Visa Debit ($3.95 Flat Fee), or by major credit cards (scale based on purchase total, fee schedule). When paying utility bills online, please only enter your account number, no other information is needed.
For any Tax, Personal Property, or other payment questions, please contact the Collector’s Office at (978) 281-9735. If you have other questions about your Utility Services, such as past consumption, please contact the DPW (978) 325-5600.
Note: The Munis Citizen Self Service Portal will be undergoing an upgrade starting May 13th at 12:30pm to May 16th at 8:00am. The platform will be unavailable during this maintenance period. Users will need to re-register their account after the upgrade and should be sure to use the same email address used when they originally signed up. Please stay tuned for updates as we take this next step towards improving our service and accessibility for our citizens.
Maps & Assessment Data
- GIS Based Maps Interactive mapping tools and standard maps available in PDF format (e.g. zoning & wetlands).
- Assessor’s Data An external site which contains details of parcels from our Assessors department database.
Requests / Contact Us
- Staff Directory: Names and telephone numbers for City employees.
- Archives Requests: Ask the Archives Department for research assistance.
- Citizen Request: Report and track public service requests, such as potholes, illegal dumping, damaged sidewalks, and more.
- Contact City Department: General contact form for all City Departments.