Weddings are permitted at several public locations throughout Gloucester:
- Stage Fort Park - Gazebo or Rose Garden
- Half Moon Beach, Good Harbor Beach
- Niles Beach, and Wingaersheek Beach
If you are reserving the Gazebo or Rose Garden there is a fee of $250 that will reserve the area for two hours. All other locations can be used as long as needed. The cost of the permit is $250 for all non-residents and reservations are taken on an annual basis.
To reserve a date and location you can contact Diana Bishop, at (978) 325-5600, email Diana Bishop or mail a $250 check payable to "City of Gloucester" to Parks Department, Attention: Diana Bishop, 9 Dale Avenue, Gloucester, MA 01930.
If you are making your reservation through the mail you must also send the following information with the check:
- Names of both people being married.
- time of service, location, date, approximate number of people attending.
- mailing address and phone number.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are getting married at one of Gloucester’s beaches you cannot hold the service before 5:00 pm between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Some basic rules apply at all locations - no alcohol, no vehicles on the beach, no arriving early to reserve space, chairs and canopies may be set up in the event of inclement weather.