It is the Harbormaster’s duty to promote the responsible use of all waterways
in the city limits of Gloucester through public education and enforcement of
all local, state, and federal environmental laws. Responsibilities include:
- Responding to distress situations
- Ensuring safe navigation through the City’s waterways
- Overseeing maintenance of the waterways
- Law Enforcement of all City Ordinances, MGL CH90B and CH102
- Gloucester Waterways Regulation (PDF)
- Waterways Board Members
- Apply to Mooring Wait List
- Dun Fudgin Seasonal Pass Application (PDF)
- Float Permit Application (PDF)
- Harbormaster Launch Service
- Gloucester MGP Dredging & Waterways
- Magnolia Pier Inspection Report (PDF)
- 2015 Harbormaster Assessment (PDF)
- 2017 Gloucester Harbormaster Feasibility Study (PDF)
- Magnolia Pier Inspection Report 2018 (PDF)
Transient Mooring Info:
If you would like to book a transient mooring, please visit the Dockwa Website.
Thomas CiarametaroHarbormasterPhone: (978) 325-5750
Chad JohnsonDeputy HarbormasterPhone: (978) 325-5750
19 Harbor Loop
Gloucester, MA 01930
Phone: (978) 325-5750Fax: (978) 281-4188
VHF: VHF Channel 16, VHF Channel 14, City Launch VHF Channel 72
Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Fridays 8:30 a.m to 12:30 p.m.
All meetings with the Harbormaster need to be pre-arranged.