It is the Harbormaster’s duty to promote the responsible use of all waterways in the city limits of Gloucester through public education and enforcement of all local, state, and federal environmental laws.
- Responding to distress situations
- Ensuring safe navigation through the City’s waterways
- Overseeing maintenance of the waterways
- Law Enforcement of all City Ordinances, MGL CH90B and CH102
- Gloucester Waterways Regulation (PDF)
- Waterways Board Members
- Apply to Mooring Wait List
- Dun Fudgin Seasonal Pass Application (PDF)
- Gloucesterman City Launch Season Pass Application (PDF)
- Float Permit Application (PDF)
- Harbormaster Launch Service
- Gloucester MGP Dredging & Waterways
- Magnolia Pier Inspection Report (PDF)
- 2015 Harbormaster Assessment (PDF)
- 2017 Gloucester Harbormaster Feasibility Study (PDF)
- Magnolia Pier Inspection Report 2018 (PDF)
- Land Management Agreements - Public Landing (PDF)
Transient Mooring Info:
If you would like to book a transient mooring, please visit the Dockwa Website.
Chad JohnsonDeputy Harbormaster
19 Harbor Loop
Gloucester, MA 01930
Fax: (978) 281-4188
VHF: VHF Channel 16, VHF Channel 14, City Launch VHF Channel 72
Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Fridays 8:30 a.m to 12:30 p.m.
All meetings with the Harbormaster need to be pre-arranged.