COVID-19 Community Resources
Access to Food/Meals
- The Open Door Food Pantry is delivering nutritious groceries to those in quarantine. To learn more, call (978)283-6776.
- SeniorCare is continuing to provide services in Gloucester. If you know of an elder that is home bound, has no one to cook for them and/or can not prepare a meal themselves, have them sign up for Meals On Wheels by calling SeniorCare at (978) 281-1750.
Access to Medications
- Several local pharmacies will help make arrangements for the delivery of prescription medications to those in isolation or quarantine, including:
- CVS, 6 Thatcher Road, Phone: (978) 283-7480
- CVS, Gloucester Crossing, Phone (978) 281-2450
- Walgreens, 201 E Main Street, Phone (9778) 283-7361
- Walgreens, 127 Eastern Avenue, Phone (978) 281-2720
Health Related Information
The Gloucester Health Department has partnered with Children's Friend and Family Services, a division of the Justice Resource Institute, to provide a dedicated representative for community members to contact for help when seeking mental health care. Assistance is free and available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (781) 540-3329.
- Action Inc. can help members of the community by providing rental and housing assistance. To learn more about those services, call (978) 282-1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Action Inc. can also help with energy and heating assistance. To learn more about those services call (978) 281-3900 or email email@example.com..
- The City of Gloucester, Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce and Action Inc. have partnered to form the Cape Ann Emergency Relief Fund in an effort to help hourly workers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Certain criteria apply, and in order to be eligible, one must be a Cape Ann resident, an hourly wage worker or self-employed, have been working more than 10 hours per week prior to their layoff, have been furloughed or laid off due to COVID-19 or had hours reduced by more than 50%, be an adult over 18 years of age and meet gross annual income requirements. To learn more, visit Cape Ann Emergency Relief Fund or call (978) 282-1000 ext. 234.