Important Links and Status Updates
Click here to access employee email.
Click here to access the COG Helpdesk
NETWORK STATUS: All Services online and available
IT Projects currently underway:
New Remote Access System access link to be here shortly. If you need/desire remote access after hours or plan to be out on leave, please open a ticket or ask your supervisor to request access. Remote connectivity will be distributed on an as needed basis only.
Second VMWare server deployment at City Hall.
New Workstations as part of 5 year Tech Plan deployment beginning 1/22/2013.
Coming Soon: 5 year Technology Plan to be available here in PDF format pending final approval.
MS Office 2010 rollout. Look HERE for some insight into the new Office Suite
Switch Infrastructure Upgrade: Check back here for Building Upgrade Status
COG IT Helpdesk: Check out the above link to access the COG Helpdesk
The COG IT Department Mission Statement
The Information Technology Department provides data and communication services for the City of Gloucester. Our goal is to build and maintain an enterprise class system for the growing needs of our City employees as well as it's residents and guests. The role of Information Technology in a Municipal setting is evolving from simple data/comm systems to all things software and hardware.
This page will be updated frequently to inform you of what we've done, where we're going, and how to access current and new resources.
For example, in the last six months COG IT has:
Where we've been:
Where we're going:
John Blanchard, MCSE,
Director of Information Technology
City Hall Annex
3 Pond Rd.
Gloucester, MA 01930
Ph: (978) 281-9706
Monday - Wednesday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
8:00 am - 6:30 pm
8:00 am - 12:30 pm
The Network doesn't wait to break between 9 and 5
Ph: (781) 570-9910
In the next six we plan to:
- Virtualized 9 Servers using VMware technology
- Utilizing DrObo devices for SAN storage
- Migrated Email back to an In-House Enterprise Class System. Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Installed Barracuda Email Archiver and Barracuda Anti-Spam\Virus Firewall. Scanning inbound and outbound mail for a more secure environment.
- Migrated to a Windows 2008 mixed environment from 2000/03 mixed.
- Standardize Application suites and Permit Tracking Databases
- Deploy initial VOIP phone systems
- Upgrade Finacial systems
- Partner with Hub Technical and other Technical resources to build a newer, better equipped IT department to handle your daily and long term needs.
Most of the services we use nowadays are browser based. Internet Explorer 9 has known issues across the board. If you are experiencing problems with any browser based application, try another browser.
Also let's not forget that 90% of the problems out there have most likely already happened to someone else. And they've solved the problem!
That's what we do when we don't know the answer.