Joanne M. Senos
9 Dale Ave.
Ph: (978) 281-9720
Fax: (978) 282-3051
Monday - Wednesday
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
8:30 am - 6:30 pm
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
In observance of the Christmas Holiday we are closed Dec. 23rd and Dec. 26th, 2016. We will resume regular business hours on Tuesday Dec. 27th, 2016 at 8:30am.
In observance of the New Year Holiday the City Clerk's Office will be closed Monday Jan. 2, 2016. We will resume regular business hours on Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2017.
Wishing all residents a safe, healthy, and happy New Year.
The City Clerk assists in the research and development of ordinances for city councilors. We also maintain the Code of Ordinances and Certificates of Vote for all City Council votes. In addition to working with the City Council members, we provide the following services:
- Issue business certificates
- Collect and distribute correspondences to city councilors
- Develop agendas with council president
- Issue dog registrations
- Maintain campaign finance records
- Maintain census files
- Maintain records of City Council meetings
- Maintain vital records (births, deaths and marriage certificates)
- Maintain voter lists and information, and supervise voter registration
- Manage voting procedures for local and state elections
- Record public meeting notices
- Give oath of office to all members of boards, commissions, and committees and advise them of obligations under Open Meeting Law and Conflict of Interest Law
- Provide Notary Services
- Sell official City Street Listing Books
- Issue Clam License
- Accept and review for completeness Applications to City Council for Zoning Relief and Zoning Special Permits and maintain all zoning decisions
- Provide final decisions to applicants for recording
* Due to revised regulations of the Massachusetts Divison of Fisheries and Wildlife, the City Clerk's office no longer serves as an issuing agent for hunting, fishing, and sporting licenses. Therefore, those licenses are not available for purchase in the Clerk's office. For more information go to Hunting and Fishing License Information.
Commissioner services are by appointment only. Please call ahead to reserve a time if you need to be sworn in.
Links of Interest