Citizen Public Service Request
SeeClickFix Inc., is a place-based reporting platform which allows residents to document neighborhood concerns and improvements alike, from potholes, illegal dumping, flooding and damaged sidewalks. There is an App available at no cost through the iTunes (iPhone/iPad) and Google Play (Android) app store.
The City has begun adopting electronic permitting, currently permits are available from the Office of Inspectional Services and Dog Licenses via the Clerks Office.
Credit Card Fees
You can always choose to apply online, then pay in person during the department's Office Hours. To pay online with credit card, a surcharge of 2.99% plus $0.99 will be added to your permit fee.
Public Records Request
On January 1, 2017, a new Public Record law went into effect changing the way in which municipalities process public records requests. For more information on the law change.
| Continue to NextRequest,
Gloucester's Online Record Request Portal.
Bills, Payments & Financial Queries
Maps & Assessment Data
- Motor Vehicle Excise, Boat Excise, and Parking Tickets. Before making a payment please note applicable fees.
- Real Estate and Personal Property Bills
Please be advised that effective at noon on Wednesday, May 9, 2018 access to the online payment portal for Real Estate and Personal Property will not be available due to the implementation of the City’s new financial system.
We expect online payments to be available again on May 24, 2018, at which time a new, modern, payment portal will be online for Real Estate and Personal Property tax payments.
Access to Utility (Water/Sewer), Motor Vehicle Excise, Boat Excise, and Parking Ticket related payments will not be affected by this change and will remain online.
We apologize for this inconvenience, and appreciate your patience during this system change, and ask you contact the Collector’s Office at 978-281-9735 should you have any questions.
- Utility Bills, (currently only working in Mozilla Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org)) and to see summary property information and building permits issued. To make a payment select "Make a Payment" under the "Online Actions" menu. If you need information about your Real Estate, Personal Property or Utility Bill, please contact the Collectors Office, (978) 281-9735
Requests / Contact Us
- GIS Based Maps. Interactive mapping tools and standard maps available in PDF format (E.g. zoning & wetlands).
- Assessor's Data. An external site which contains details of parcels from our Assessors department database.