Joanne M. Senos
9 Dale Ave.
Monday - Wednesday
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
8:30 am - 6:30 pm
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
City Hall will be closed on Monday, November 12, 2018, in observance of Veterans Day.
The City Clerk assists in the research and development of ordinances for City Councilors. The City Clerk's office also maintains the Code of Ordinances and Certificates of Vote for all City Council votes. In addition to working with the City Council members, the following services are provided:
Issuance of business certificates
- Collection and distribution of correspondences to City Councilors
- Development of agendas with Council President
- Issuance of dog registrations
- Maintenance of campaign finance records
- Maintenance of census files
- Maintenance of records of City Council meetings
- Maintenance of vital records (birth, death, and marriage certificates)
- Maintenance of voter lists and pertinent information, and supervision of voter registration
- Management of voting procedures for local and state elections
- Recordings of all public meeting notices
- Administering Oath of Office to all members of boards, commissions, and committees and advisement of members of obligations under Open Meeting Law and Conflict of Interest Law*
- Providing Notary Services
- Selling of official City Street Listing Books
- Issuance of Clam Licenses
- Acceptance and reviewing for completeness Applications to City Council for Zoning Relief and Zoning Special Permits and maintenance of all zoning decisions
- Providing final decisions to applicants for recording
* Due to revised regulations of the Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife, the City Clerk's office no longer serves as an issuing agent for hunting, fishing, and sporting licenses. Therefore, those licenses are not available for purchase in the Clerk's office. For more information, go to mass.gov's Hunting and Fishing License Information page.
* Please note that Commissioner services are by appointment only. Please call ahead to reserve a time if you need to be sworn in.
Links of Interest: